Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Welcome to my stream

Hello humans!

This is my first post in my new blog "Ghost in the Stream". In light of that, I feel I should tell you about myself and what the blog will probably be about.

My name is Thomas. I live in Seattle, WA. with my partner and our dog. I am a digital artist by profession - I do 3d animation and modeling. According to medical professionals, my brain is afflicted with Attention Deficit Disorder. My thoughts are zingy and zangy and given my interest in science, art, and building stuff, I have plenty of ideas, with no one to hear them.

So, to sum it up, this blog is a place to talk about my crazy ideas that, in real-life, no one wants to listen to me talk about for hours on end.

Things that will definitely be written about are: robotics, psychology, theories about video game design, ramblings on evolution and... whatever happens to intrigue me at the moment.

Given that I am not a scientist, my ideas may or may not be valid. I read a lot of science in various periodicals; I have subscriptions to Science News, Scientific American, National Geographic etc. and I have been reading them since I was a kid. I read the New York Times Science Times section every Tuesday. I have taken college level courses in psychology, archaeology, sociology, anatomy/biology, optics, etc. I have taken C++ courses and am teaching myself about micro-controllers. I am building a robot. All those things said, I am not an expert on any of those topics. I do not have a science degree of any sort.

Therfore, my thoughts in my posts shouldn't be used as evidence of anything. They shouldn't be viewed as any sort of scientific theory. You shouldn't quote them in research papers for class; your teachers will laugh at you.

Additionally, I am writing these things partly to clear my head, and partly to see if anyone has any further thoughts on them. Any relevant information on any of the topics would be AWESOME!

Tell me I'm wrong! Tell me I'm right! Or just tell me I'm uneducated!

So there you have it. I hope some of what I write is interesting to you.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: